Here are the descriptions of some procedures that demonstrate functionalities, flexibility and user friendliness of ApolloG4 eBusiness Suite.
User is logged on system at www.apollo.co.yu as username: guest, password: guest. Demonstration company is DEMOM. Company is in TEST version. All this properties (except password) can are displayed on top of the Apollo Navigator window. There are also information that display application server name we are logged on, and database server used.
Each business process, in finance, sales, purchase, production and maintenance, is modeled by flow of its documents. During implementation, first documents are created, and then flows for each business process, all with tools from application.
- From the Main Menu select Document Manager and by double click on menu issue Document Manager form appears. Organizational unit field is populated with "00-DEMOM HEADQUARTERS" meaning that current user (guest) is employed in that organizational unit. All subordinated organizational units are available in the list (for changing organizational unit view). Let's change view from "00-DEMOM HEADQUARTERS" to "01-COMMERCIAL PC1". Now we have access to all documentation of Commercial Department of Profit Center 1. With radio buttons we change a list of documentation from NEW (Documents that are addressed to us and require our attention/reaction) to Active, Not Booked or Booked documents. Possible actions are activated by buttons on listed documents below, those are: Display current document from list, Print document, Reply to received document (create next in business process flow), forward document to some other OU (if it's received by mistake), manually Close/Activate document or Create new document (initiating business process). Click on button "New" to initiate purchase process.
- New form is displayed with Document header fields. First field is document date. Leave default (today's) date as system proposes. Second field is code of organizational unit (OU) that creates document. By default system fills this field with our OU code or offer list of values (Ctrl-L) if we have options (authorities) to choose some other OU. Document type field is also automatically filled if we have only one option (authority) to create just one type of document. In our case we have a list of values (LOV). Choose P03 - Purchase Order from LOV. Next field is the business process we are executing. In our case it is automatically filled with only available P01 - Purchase. Next field is OU that will receive document. From possible values we choose 01 which is our OU, because we are authorized to make next document in business process flow. Leave few next fields and enter: To Warehouse - 0101 (Warehouse of PC1), Partner: 1002 (Rocky Mountains), Value date: Today's date, Rate type: Free, Rate 1.00. With Shift-PageDown go to next block. This block is Reference documents and we don't need it because this is an initial document. Shift-PageDown leads us to the next block Document Amounts where we can define some extra discount. Next block is Item where we specify items that we are about to order or whole KITs (BOMs). Let's specify item 424 - Air-condition MWM 025; Technology we leave (this is only for KITs); quantity: 5, and price: 1200 EUR. Specify one more item: Item: 253, Quantity: 13, Price: 55 EUR. On the next block we can see document items in details, and this is important to check and update additional data always on this block. We do not have anything to add on this example and we go to the next block. On Items amounts there are two blocks. Upper is Document items, and below is block with financial positions derived from document items on upper block. When we go to block below (Shift-PageDown), financial positions are calculated and we can see them. By pressing Alt-M or with mouse click on Menu (Upper left corner), we open document menu and choose BOOKING option. On upper right corner of the document we can see that document is booked. Click on red door icon in tool bar (second from right) to exit the form, and we are back in Document Manager.
- In a list of New (just arrived) documents we can see document that we just created and just sent to our OU. When we mark this document as current in document list, by pressing Reply button, next document in business process flow is created. System fills today's date, OU, and for document types offers to us a next document P04 - Goods to be received, or P03_R Reverse Purchase Order as possible choices. We choose P04. Process is automatically filled with P01 - Purchase, we choose 0101 as OU to receive document, and all other fields are populated automatically. We just go with Shift-PageDown from block to block and check values. In our example we can book this document and exit to Document Manager.
- In Document Manager we change OU field from 01-Commercial PC1 to 0101-Warehouse PC1. Now in New documents list we can see newly arrived Goods to be received document. We click on this document in list and press Reply button. Now it is enough to confirm already filled fields and forward it to OU 01-Commercial PC1 (Receipt is automatically created). Go over all blocks and eventually update some additional information. On items block for example we can update location where we are receiving items. Let's change location for item 424 from 000000 to 000001. We book this document and exit to Document Manager.
- Change again to OU 01-Commercial PC1 and reply to arrived document Receipt. We confirm suggested values. On Document type between P08 - Supplier Invoice, and P06-Goods Return Receipt Order, we choose P08. We forward this document to ourselves (OU 01). On document amounts block we enter value for Payment amount: 6715 as Supplier invoice amount. By checking all other blocks we can see all financial items that are created by this document. We book this document. By clicking on report button at the toolbar (4th from right), user get this document created and displayed in PDF format, and can print it, save it or e-mail it etc.
Stock Balances Check
To check stock balances for items that are just purchased go from Main Menu to Sales and Purchase, and start Stock balances with mouse double click. Press F11 to enter search query, in item field enter code 424 for our Air-condition MWM 025, and press Ctrl-F11 to execute query. System will find this item on all warehouses where exists. We are interested in warehouse 0101, and there we can see 5 pieces on stock. On next blocks (Shift-PageDown) we can see all transactions, stock balances detailed on specified location (in our example this is location 000001) and on last block detailed transactions from location to location.
Form Layout Change
Start Document Manager form and choose 01-Commercial PC1 for current OU. Select list of Booked documents. Let's position on Document that was previously created P03 - Purchase Order(1.2) and try to make some changes on this document layout. Press on button Display to see this document layout. When we get into document now let's say we want to change prompt for Contract field into Contractor. To do that, we switch to edit mode by click to "Edit" button from toolbar (first from right). From the right of this button two fields appeared displaying codes associated with currently edited layout (P03,P01). Now we position ourselves on Contract field with mouse click and edit their properties by pressing Ctrl+Shift+F3. Now system first shows us properties for this field that are specific for chosen codes (P03,P01). If nothing is shown as in our example, that means that this field is not specific for selected layout (P03,P01), but is inherited from common layout (610,1). By pressing Ctrl+Shift+F2 system goes further and shows us properties for selected layer (P03,P01) in all languages and versions - which is again nothing, further with Ctrl+Shift+F2 system displays properties for selected field in common layer (610,1) in native language (English). Here we can see properties in BASE version. As we are not allowed to change BASE version (as Guest user) we can position cursor one record below and copy this record (Shift+F6). Now go right on this record and change version to our "TEST". Now we can change field "value" from Contract to Contractor. Save changes (Ctrl+S) and exit (F4 or from toolbar). Exit from Purchase order document, display it again and change is visible.